Celebs have been upsizing and shunning bodycon dresses in favour of what we’re labelling the ‘sexy sack’. Basically an oversized version of a maxi, it’s shaping up to be the dress of the summer.
Pop princess Kylie Minogue and Game of Thrones star Zawe Ashton have both been spotted in Stella McCartney designs, the designer responsible for starting this trend.
48-year-old Kylie showcased a yellow one-shoulder Stella gown at the Victoria and Albert Museum summer party last night.
Fresh Meat star Zawe, 31, wore a beautiful white tiered gown from the designer at this year’s Olivier Awards.
And even super model Kate Moss, 42, shunned her usual rock chic look for a big floaty floral number. The style queen did however, give hers a sexy twist by layering it over a leopard print body.
Here’s where to get the look on the high street.
1. Oversized dress, £39.99, H&M
HM Oversized DressPack in your suitcase for your hols
2. Oriental maxi dress, £49.50, Marks and Spencer
MS Maxi Dress
3. Blue maxi dress, £59.99, H&M Conscious Exclusive
HM Maxi DressThis will take you into autumn
4. Flared cotton dress, £79, Cos Stores
5. Black patterned oversized dress, £125, & Other Stories
6. ‘Evelyn’ rose chiffon maxi dress, WAS £130, NOW £65, French Connection
French Connection Maxi DressPerfect if you’re not keen to show off your arms